Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Another Madison sale question

  1. #1
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    I understand that we buy tickets, and those tickets have entrance times, right? So, we don't have to get there really early to get in, if our tickets are for early times?

    And is there a time limit as to how long you get to stay inside?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jenny, I've been confused by that as well, but I think it's just still that for the particular time slot people want to be the first in the doors.

    From what I've heard, you can stay as long as you like, but once you leave you need another ticket to re-enter. I've heard that some people buy tickets for later in the day as well, I think so that they can get doubles of the limits on dolls, etc, but I think you have to be careful about that.

    If you're planning on going, please let me know, I'd LOVE to meet up with you! I'm driving up with a couple of other friends this year it will be our first and we're going to stay Sat night as well and go back to the free admission sale on Sunday.

    Laurie

  3. #3
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does ANyone know what to look under when the tickets go on Sale through Ticket master

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mandasmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    326
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would type in Madison Benifit sale, and see what comes up. Last year I got thru right away over the phone, but the stupid agent first couldn't find the event, and then argued for 5 minutes that the time on the tickets didn't matter. By the time she conferred with co-workers and realized I was right, the earliest time available was 10am. Uggh!! [img]mad.gif[/img]

    This year, I think I'm going to try online too.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I will be going to the sale this year for the first time. I am so excited I can't stand it!! Last year it was so frustrating living so "close" to the sale and not being unable to go. As much as I hate living up here in the cold, I wish I lived closer to Madison so that I could actually volunteer. Hey, as long as I'm this far north, what's a few hundred miles more? We have plenty of dolls to keep us warm!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member EmilyMarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 5th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with Laurie; you'll want to get there early enough so you have a good place in line in your time slot. Plus, you'll want a decent parking place. They do have teens with grocery carts though & you can drive your car up to pick up things.

    Also, if they have the $5 & under area again, you can use the extra time to go there as no tickets were required.

    When you get your tickets, get your allotment; will you be able to have a couple friends come too? That way you can work out your doll "wants"; if she needs 2 Samanthas & you don't want any, you can get 1 Sam for her & she can get the doll you need 2 of, for example. I heard it's easiest to get tickets online, too. Phones are too slow/busy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •